Tuesday 26 April 2011

My Final Website Design

http://www.wix.com/heera9/lifethruiris

I thoroughly enjoyed making my webpage as I knew the basic outline of what I wanted to create. Also as I had done the website research from before, it meant I had a guideline as to what I wanted to create; The Script's website was a source of inspiration for my webpage as they were an acoustic pop rock band whose music and values & beliefs were extremely similar to that of Life Thru Iris. Furthermore, when I designed my draft homepage on paper I knew that the colours I wanted to incorporate in my webpage were going to be earthy colours like browns and faded textures and The Script's website also had a similar colour scheme which I thought was very effective in creating authenticity and a sense of natural and calmness.

I ended up using wix.com as oppose to Dreamweaver as I felt that Dreamweaver was a lot harder to work with. More specifically, I know that I am never satisfied with my first attempt at something and so working with Dreamweaver was quite extremely time consuming for me as making changes was a far longer process than to simply move or alter an image box as with Wix.

In my draft sketch I had allocated the far right of the page to displaying an array of photography of the band, however instead of just placing the photos in a pattern, I thought it would be more interesting to use the polaroid template that I had used in my digipak. In doing this I had created a more homely atmosphere to the webpage and also had added an element of authenticity to the webpage. Moreover I had now created a direct link between my digipak and webpage which provided an element of consistency between my ancillary tasks which are being used to promote my unsigned band.

No comments:

Post a Comment